In order for a company or an individual to have their website accessible via the World Wide Web, they first need to have a computer or server which is going to contain their website. In the early days of the “modern” internet, individuals and companies relied on their own infrastructure in order to provide their website to their users.
Then, in the middle of the nineties, web hosting services started to grow exponentially, and more and more companies and individuals turned to web hosting services to have their websites stationed on their servers. The web hosting service will host your website on their servers provided that you have already bought the domain of your choosing. If you do not yet own a domain, the web hosting service will gladly provide you with one.
There are a fine number of web hosting services out there and some of them are quite expensive but they are also very stable and fast. That is why one should always be on the lookout for new web hosting services emerging because you never know when you might find one that is dirt cheap and is also of top-notch quality.
And today, in this article, I will be giving you a review of what I believe is one of the most practical and cost-effective solutions for your web hosting dilemmas.
So, what is HostArmada anyway?
HostArmada is a web hosting service that provides its users with a great solution for their website hosting needs. It is kind of new to the whole web hosting scene (established in 2019) but it has proven to be a very good web hosting service. And because it is still in its early stages, it first has to establish a good reputation and a large consumer base which is why it is so damn cheap at this stage.
It basically works and functions like any other web hosting service with the addition of extra free features and a 99.9% uptime. The other features also include its very well-thought-out security system, LiteSpeed webservers (included in the Speed Reaper plan) and free site and domain transfers for everyone that opts for their web hosting services.
HostArmada offers you very reliable and secure web hosting plans for your WordPress site using cloud SSD. All of the plans include free SSI for all of your sites, free cPanel, daily backups, 24/7 support, web server cache, and could SSD storage.
As you can see, there are a lot of things that HostArmada offers you for your WordPress site. And I would also like to note that there is the added benefit of a low number of clients per server. This is great because it means that your website performance will be optimal, and the load of the server will be very low.
Also, with the help of the cloud SSD technology, the hosting service promises a 99.9% uptime which is a big deal!
Some general features
HostArmada offers automatic daily backups for your website which are critical if something goes wrong. So thanks to HostArmada’s offsite daily backup solution you can rest assured that you will have daily backups being made of your site which can then be used to restore your site with one simple click of a button!
The web server cache has also been very nicely thought through and it allows for more users to be on the site simultaneously while not making the site any slower. This is also one of the main reasons why this web host is so cheap.
Given that it creates a much smaller resource usage footprint, you can expect to have a whole lot more visitors on your website even on the smaller and cheaper hosting plans.
The servers are being run on the SSD cloud storage which means that you will get the best performances out of their servers. Also, the combination of the battery-powered RAID controllers and the SSD cloud storage will ensure the integrity of your data.
HostArmada also offers its customers an easy-to-pilot service with cPanel. This has become the standard when it comes to web hosting and represents an easy to use web hosting control panel.
- Domain Registration – HostArmada offers to register a free domain name for you and they will also renew it free of charge as long as you remain their customer. This is actually pretty handy especially if you haven’t yet gotten a domain. It will basically remove an additional thing that you have to do and keep an eye on.
- SSL Installation – The hosting service will install SSL for free on any number of domain names of your choosing.
- WordPress Installation – HostArmada will also install and prepare your WordPress site (prepare themes or plugins that you might need in order to build a higher quality site). This will actually save you some time from doing the tedious task yourself.
- WordPress tutorials – There will be a detailed series that will teach you everything related to WordPress. This is very handy especially if you are new to the whole WordPress thing.
- WordPress Optimization – HostArmada will provide your WordPress site with all of the necessary optimizations needed to ensure that the entire website works properly with no hiccups.
- Domain Transfer – They offer to transfer your domain free of charge and they will also keep renewing the domain as long as you are a customer.
- SSL Renewal – HostArmada will do a free SSL renewal on all of your domains as long as they remain pointed to their services.
- WordPress Transfer – The hosting service will provide you with a free transfer of your WordPress site and they will also ensure that you do not lose any data in the process.
Security is one of the most important aspects of any website and hosting service server. If not done correctly then your site might be at high risk of incoming attacks, be it from bots or hacker attacks in general. That is why it is important to find a web hosting service that takes security seriously. Luckily, the people working on Host Armada have you covered!
HostArmada utilizes the proven techniques and ways of protecting their servers, your site, and your data that is being stored. Here is how they achieve this:
- Connections level limits – What this does in essence is limit the amount of request that can be made by a single IP address so that it lowers (eliminates) the risks of potential DoS attacks. This is great because the server cannot get flooded with millions of requests that need to be answered individually which would in turn consume a lot of hardware resources.
- Web application firewall – This is important because it will deal with the potential threat that may arise when there is only just one request being made. It uses a simple yet effective WAF (Web Application Firewall) solution which inspects every request being made in order ensure that they are not some form of SQL or XSS attacks. If such attacks are detected then the request is immediately terminated. And if the IP address continues such “provocations”, then the IP address will in turn be banned.
When it comes to choosing a good web hosting service it is important to take a look at the speeds at which the servers are running.
The speed of HostArmada’s servers is very high considering the low price. The way they achieve this is by utilizing their SSD cloud storage. Also, if you are on WordPress, the tech support at HostArmada are more than willing to help out in optimizing your site in order to fully take advantage of their high-speed servers, free of charge.
Usually, when someone makes a bold claim that they can achieve something, chances are they will not meet the expectations in the end. For example, when someone claims that they have a 99.9% uptime, I usually am quite skeptical. But I was very surprised when I found out that HostArmada actually keeps this promise to the fullest!
They have gone out of their way to make it very clear that they in fact can provide their users with an almost 100% uptime. And it has been mentioned time and time again that they do indeed provide such uptime.
If you don’t believe me, go ahead and look up other reviews and you will see that a lot of people are praising HostArmada for providing such uptime.
The reason why they are capable of achieving this is that they have all of the necessary hardware available to stick to this promise. They have very stable CentOS, the newest AMD CPUs, and SSD storage all of which indeed provide such great uptime. Not to mention that they are the only ones out there (this is coming from them) that provide LiteSpeed webservers in their Speed Reaper plan without any additional costs.
When it comes to web hosting services it is very important that the customer support is being handled very well. The reason being is that you might have a lot of questions and inquiries that need to be addressed as fast as possible. But speed is not the only thing to take into consideration. The number of resolved cases is also something that has to be kept in mind.
As far as HostArmada customer support goes I am very pleased. They are friendly and they take the task seriously. The time that it takes to get in touch is something like 5-10 minutes for the most part. And you can contact them via phone or through your computer.
Here is a list of hosting options for you to choose from taken directly from their site:
- WordPress Hosting – Powerful and specially optimized.
- SSD Shared Hosting on the Cloud – Versatile in purpose, unmatched in performance.
- SSD VPS Hosting on the Cloud – KVM Virtualized private servers.
- Dedicated CPU Server Hosting – Dedicated CPU Cloud solutions for optimal power.
- Opensource Hosting – Optimized for Open Source web apps.
- Development Hosting – Bundled with tools for web developers.
Here is a list of all of the available HostArmada data centers around the world:
- USA West Fremont, CA
- USA Central Dallas, TX
- USA East Newark, NJ
- South Canada Toronto, ON
- Europe London, UK
- Europe Frankfurt, DE
- Asia Singapore, SG
- Mumbai India, IN
- Sydney Australia, AU
Why go for HostArmada?
Well, for starters I believe that the biggest reason one might opt for this web hosting service is the pricing. Taking into account all of the things and features that you will be getting with HostArmada for a very low price, it is no wonder why a lot of people are going for it.
The security that HostArmada provides is top-notch and is equipped to detect and deter threats that might be looming on the horizon. I feared that the security would not be as well thought out, but in the case of HostArmada, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of security precautions made in order to protect their servers and your site as well.
A big majority of people are overly satisfied with the web hosting service that is HostArmada (go and check it out for yourselves). The reviews are very positive, and I didn’t see anyone complaining about anything major. But then again, it is because there is no reason to complain.
Given that this is a new web hosting service, I highly recommend you check it out because who knows for how long the price of their services is going to be this low.