A lawyer did not write this page. Maybe that’s a mistake, but we know that nobody is willing to read a 50-page document, so we hope this short, more humane version will do a better job.
- We take support seriously! That’s why we never outsource it, and 9 out of 10 tickets are answered by WP Reset developers.
- There are times when you’ll urgently need assistance. Sending multiple tickets or posting to Facebook, Twitter, and email will not get you a faster response. It’ll only delay it as our agents have to do more work. Please open a new ticket and try to give us as much info as possible. That’s the fastest way to get a reply.
- Mental health of our employees is crucial. That’s why we have an absolute zero-tolerance policy towards any threats, swearing, aggression, or similar hostile actions towards our support agents. Any such actions will result in all communication being blocked. No exceptions.
- We are not responsible for any loss of data, traffic, revenue, business, or any other damages, and especially not for your projects being late.
- WP Reset PRO is not licensed under the GPL or any similar “free” license. You are not allowed to rebrand (beyond what’s possible in the Dashboard) or resell it without our explicit permission.
- You are allowed to install it on as many sites as your license permits, including on your client’s sites, and charge them for the installation and usage of the plugin if it’s a part of a larger service you’re offering, like creating a new site or maintaining one.
- You are not allowed to resell the plugin as a standalone product. For example, put it on your site as “Buy a WP Reset license for $10“.
- Due to the technical nature of how WP Reset Dashboard and WP Reset Cloud works, we inevitably have access to information such as your site URL, version of the plugins and WP used, or the last time the site connected to our servers. We keep only the minimum of data we need. We don’t hoard data nor save anything just for the sake of saving. If you don’t want us to know that you’re using WP Reset, please stick with the free version.
- It’s licensed under GPLv2 and comes “as is” without any warranties.
- We are not reliable or responsible for any loss of data.
- Despite that being said, we take great pride in the free version, have invested a lot of time into it, and will continue to do so.
- You can rest assured the free version is not going anywhere, and we’ll continue to support and enhance it.
- Support for the free version is available only on the wp.org forums. It is not available via email.
WP Reset Cloud
- You own the data uploaded to the cloud. Period. It’s not ours, and we won’t share it with any 3rd parties.
- WP Reset is not a backup plugin, and WP Reset Cloud is not a backup service, so please don’t think about it as such.
- WPR Cloud is hosted on Digital Ocean servers and backed up on Amazon AWS.
- All Snapshots not used (downloaded or edited) in over 180 days are automatically deleted.
- We’re not in the business of gathering, processing, or selling user data. We’re in the business of selling WP plugins.
- This site uses tools such as Google Analytics and FB Analytics to help us increase sales. We believe that the anonymous data we have access to does not infringe on your privacy. If you feel it does, please use an ad blocker to block those services.
- Reselling licenses bought on AppSumo is not allowed both by AppSumo’s and our rules; while we have no intention of policing various FB groups where deals are being sold, we reserve the right to cancel any licenses/codes that have been resold.
- We don’t have any price lock-in guarantees. If you buy for $10 today and see a deal for $5 tomorrow, we won’t refund you $5 nor upgrade your account to match the new limits. The same as we don’t ask you to pay us more if we decide to raise the price later on.
To end on a much lighter note – we have been in the WordPress plugins business for over ten years. And so far, we managed to work out all problems and differences with our clients and partners in a peaceful, civilized manner. So, if you feel we wronged you in any way, send an email to email@example.com, and we’ll work something out.