Owning an online business requires a lot of work. It seems as if there is always something in need of attention. And what does that mean for you? Spoiler alert – making mistakes. Even though they are entirely common occurrences, you cannot afford a lot of them – especially if you are a small business owner.
One of the most important things that need to run without a hitch is the order management process.
Think of it as a fine-tuned clock – every part needs to fit into each other. The process begins with the customer adding an item into the cart, across it being shipped, to the delivery and cataloging it appropriately. On condition that it all flows seamlessly, you will gain customer satisfaction and a comprehensible log of your orders. However, that can become a tad tricky. To a great degree, if you are handling a large number of orders. The best thing that you, as a business owner, can do to master the order management process is to use WooCommerce.
Why Should I Use WooCommerce?
One word, our friend – plugins! WooCommerce simplifies the process of incorporating them into your site. Plugins are handy software components that add specific features to a program. Essentially, a plugin allows a form of customization. And yes, you do need them. Even better than that, you will want them. Why?
Plugins make life easier, especially for people that live in the fast lane. And when it comes to order management, they enhance the whole process. Sounds good, right? Still, what sounds even better is that you do not have to waste time looking for the right ones. We did that for you. Allow us to present our list of the best WooCommerce order management plugins.
Our favorite picks:
1. Order Export for WooCommerce
If plugins were royalty, this one would be the second-in-line for the throne. Order Export for WooCommerce allows for an effortless and quick export of data from your WooCommerce store into Excel or CVS format. Easy-to-use, this plugin will get the job done without giving you a headache.
- Easy installation and setup
- Straightforward user interface
- Includes filters so you will get the exact orders you need
- One-click WooCommerce data download
- Sort columns via drag and drop
- Export data in CVS format
Now, you may be wondering why we said it is second-in-line to the throne yet placed this plugin at number one. That is because its PRO version wears the crown. WooCommerce Order Export – PRO is everything you will ever need for order management. But why? Well, because it changes the game entirely. WooCommerce Order Export – PRO contains all of the features of its free version sibling. However, it reinforces them with an entire set of its own features. Curious about what else you get? Let us show you.
Features (PRO version):
- All of the free version features
- Export New Orders Only (save time by letting the plugin keep track of which orders have already been exported and only giving you the latest ones)
- Scheduled Exports (Set up multiple exports)
- Deliver via FTP (Great option for dropshippers)
- Import Settings (Effortlessly copy exports between your WooCommerce stores)
- Deliver to Inbox (Have your scheduled exports waiting for you in your inbox every day)
2. Autocomplete WooCommerce Orders
Having your customers wait hours (or even days) for order confirmation can affect their shopping experience and, in turn, lower their satisfaction with your store. That is something you will want to avoid. Lucky for you, WooCommerce has a plugin for that.
Autocomplete WooCommerce Orders will let your customers access their goods as soon as possible while saving you the trouble of processing orders manually. Secure and user-friendly, this plugin uses PayPal Identity Tokens to verify that you are only automatically completing already-paid-for orders. That way, you get a happy customer and a happy owner. Truly a win-win.
- Compatible with PayPal, Stripe, SagePay, and other major payment providers.
- Orders containing “Virtual” products are completed upon successful payment.
- Turns the order status of any product (even physical) to “Completed” upon successful payment.
- Each order status turns to “Completed” no matter the payment status.
3. Sequential Order Number for WooCommerce
Sometimes a business owner needs to rearrange or format their new (and existing) WooCommerce order numbers into a linear or consecutive format. And sometimes, that may sound complex. This is why the Sequential Order Number for WooCommerce plugin exists.
WordPress has an ID system for its posts, media files, and pages. WooCommerce has that same ID system for order numbers. So, at times, when you get a new WooCommerce order, it may not be next in the order sequence since its ID may already be in use by a post or a page. The plugin helps you prevent that. It ensures that you always get sequential numbers for your orders.
- Sequential order numbers for WooCommerce
- Choose custom starting number for orders
- Add a custom prefix to order numbers
- Add order date prefix
- Choose an order template (order number only, date and order number, prefix and order number, etc.)
- Custom order number length
- Keep existing order numbers
- Order number preview
- Admin order search for custom order numbers
- Supports subscription orders
- Enable order tracking
- Supports custom order numbers for WooCommerce
4. Purchased Items Column for WooCommerce Orders
This plugin brings back a previously existing feature. After updating WooCommerce to version 3.0 and above, you might have noticed something missing. The Purchased Items column did not make it into the mix to save resources and enhance WooCommerce performance. But, worry not – a plugin is here to save the day.
The Purchased Items Column for WooCommerce Orders plugin is self-explanatory. Now you can, once again, gain access to the beloved (formerly core) function. Plugins are just neat, are they not?
5. WooCommerce Order Navigation
To introduce this plugin, let us set the scene.
It has been a busy, draining day at work, but you still have 300 orders to process. Furthermore, you need to constantly remember which order you have just processed in an effort to know which order you need to edit after you return to the orders listing screen. Now that is a ton of work, a headache, and even more wasted time. We say no more!
Cue the WooCommerce Order Navigation plugin. It comes equipped with two inconspicuous buttons (Next Order and Previous Order). They have been placed in a very fortunate area – right under the update order button! With this plugin, you can use your time and energy more productively.
The business owner’s lifestyle is a fast-paced one. The effort is appreciated in every area, but it can also be wasted and maldistributed. That is precisely why you should introduce WooCommerce and its plugins into your everyday business routine. They will up your game, especially in essential areas like order management.
Plugins like the WooCommerce Order Export – PRO will open up a whole new dimension in that area.
Its Scheduled Export option alone assures that you get more out of your time while getting all the order data delivered when you want (Monthly, Daily) to any place (Email, Inbox, FTP). A clear view of your data means you will better grip your order management process. And that, in turn, raises your customer satisfaction. Do not let yourself drown in orders and unnecessary manual labor. Work hard, but use plugins and work smart too.