By clicking on the Edit icon (pencil), you will be able to manage that particular license that you have selected. A new settings page will appear, holding all the crucial options regarding licenses.
- Key – automatically generate a license key (can’t be edited; you have to use the one created by the system). This key should be used on a website in order to activate the plugin. As soon as you select the Key option, you will be able to see the auto-generated license key below, as shown in the image. You can copy this key to use it on a client’s site.
- Domain – set a domain for which you want to activate the plugin. Once you install the plugin on that particular domain, you will just need to click the button to enable it. No key needed.
Please make sure to enter the site address exactly as shown in WP Admin under Settings -> General -> Site Address (please note that http and https are two different things). We don’t support any wildcards so, if you have multiple WP installations on the same domain, you have to create numerous license keys – each with the domain set to the site address.
Maximum Active Sites
The option is available only when the License Type: Key is selected.
Enter the maximum number of active sites that can use this license key. While you can create ten licenses with ten sites max each (giving you a theoretical total of 100 active websites), you won’t be able to activate more sites than set by your purchase.
For purchases with an unlimited number of active sites, the limit is 100 per license. For the next batch, you will have to create a new license key and assign its max number of websites one more time, and so on.
Choose for how long the currently edited license will be available:
- Forever – for lifetime products, this option makes the current license valid indefinitely as well. For non-lifetime products, this option makes the current license working only until the date set by the product you purchased. For example, if you have subscribed to a product for only one year, setting this option to forever makes this license valid for that one year as well. In case you continue the subscription, the license will be automatically prolonged to the new date set by date of purchase/subscription.
- Pick a Date – Click on the date to open a calendar. Then simply choose a specific date until this license key will be valid for. For example, if you want that particular license to work only for two months on the client’s website, you can set the appropriate date and forget about it. Once the selected date arrives, the license will stop working.
In order to save changes done on this page, click the blue Update License button.
By clicking the button, you will be asked to confirm the deletion process. There is NO UNDO, but you can always create a new license and assign it to your sites.
- Purchase / Product – if you have purchased more than one product from WebFactory, you will be able to select the product for which you want to write down additional notes.
- Note – write a note to remind yourself about the details of this specific license. This short message is visible only to you, so feel free to write anything you like. The note will be displayed next to the license at all times and available on hover for easier management.
- White Label – check the box to hide the license key info and WebFactory branding. All websites using this key will not be able to see it. Also, those websites won’t show any traces of WebFactory (mentions and logos).
- WP Reset Cloud – If you want to enable collections & snapshots with this license through WP Reset Cloud, simply select this extra feature and save changes.